Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
I. Contest Description
Ministry of Tourism's "#MyIncrediblevideo" (the "Contest") begins on 2 March 2020 at 0900 hours and ends on 10 May 2020 at 2100 hours (the "Contest Period"). During the Contest Period, entrants ("Entrant" or "You") will have the opportunity to submit a Video or multiple Videos ("Entry") and share the story of the Video and your journey, the experience or that special moment which makes the Entry so incredible. You can submit your Entry and the story for any one or all of the categories as listed in clause III herein below ("Categories") and according to the guidelines as set forth in clause V herein below. At the end of the Contest Period, one winner from each Category (each, a "Winner" and collectively, the "Winners") will be selected from the eligible Entries received during the Contest Period and the Winners will be entitled to prizes as mentioned in clause VI herein below ("Prize"). From these Winners, 1 (one) Grand Prize Winner will be selected and will be entitled to an additional Prize ("Grand Prize") as mentioned in clause VI herein below. By participating in the Contest, You unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these terms and conditions of the Contest (the "Terms") which govern, amongst other things, the use of all Data (as defined hereafter) and information collected by NGC Network Asia, LLC ("NGC") and Ministry of Tourism, Government of India ("MoT") from an Entrant during this Contest. NGC and MoT shall collectively be referred to as "Organizers".
II. General Terms
1. By entering into the Contest;
a. You acknowledge that You have read and understood these Terms which include, inter alia, information on how to enter, how the Winner will be determined, the Prize, and how personal Data will be collected, retained, used and shared;
b. You expressly agree to be bound by the Terms, including in particular those relating to the collection, retention, use and sharing of personal Data; and
c. You confirm that You will not breach any law or violate any third party rights by entering the Contest.
2. Organizers will not be responsible for any Entrant entering the Contest unlawfully or otherwise in breach of local laws. You are advised to check or seek advice on your local laws before entering the Contest. Organizers shall not be liable for the same.
3. Organizers shall not be liable in any way for any failure or breach by any party in connection with the Contest and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by an Entrant arising from the Contest.
4. Entrants shall ensure that their acts in any manner, whatsoever should not hurt any religious sentiments, any community or people from a targeted geographical location and should not violate any person's rights or should not obscene or defamatory in nature.
5. Organizers reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to:
a. amend or vary any of the Terms at any time without prior notice to You and by entering the Contest, You agree to any such amended Terms such amended terms will be updated on the Contest Site www.myincrediblevideo.in and will not be communicated to the Entrants individually.
b. terminate or disqualify any Entrant's Entry for the Contest or reclaim the Prize at any time if it is the opinion of MoT that there has been a breach of any of the Terms by such Entrant whether discovered during or after the end of the Contest Period.
6. Being an Entrant does not entitle an Entrant for a Prize.
7. All Entrants warrant and represent that the submitted Entry(s) does not infringe any existing intellectual property rights of any third party. The Entrant shall be solely responsible for any infringement(s) and shall keep the Organizers indemnified for the same.
8. Entrants can enter the Contest by uploading their Entry(s) on the website www.MyIncrediblevideo.in. The Entry submitted must fit any of the Four Categories as mentioned in Clause III (1).
9. No purchase from or payment to the Organizers, of any kind is required by the Entrant in order to enter this Contest. Officers, directors and employees of MoT, NGC and/or Lyxel Labs Private Limited (contest execution agency) and their immediate families and of any related companies, sponsors and/or advertising agencies cannot enter the Contest.
10. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that the Entries (and all underlying elements) are original, inoffensive, lawfully produced and technically suitable for exhibition on social media and must not infringe any third party's rights nor give rise to any claim.
11. Organisers shall not be liable in case the Entrant fails to read the Terms and Conditions of the Contest. Further, any damage caused during the Contest is solely the responsibility of the Entrant.
III. Entry to the Contest
1. Entrants shall participate in the Contest via the website – www.MyIncrediblevideo.in. Entrants are required to upload their Entry(ies) in hi-resolution format that fits any of the 4 (four) Categories as mentioned herein below:
Culture and heritage
Wildlife and adventure
2. Each Entry submitted by an Entrant must:
- Fit one or more of the categories set out in Clause III (1).
- Be in hi-resolution format with regards to the Video(s);
- comply with the guidelines as set out at Clause V; and
- It is also required by the Entrant to submit the original image/ RAW Video for verification purposes.
3. It is mandatory to submit a write-up with each Video submitted for the Contest. It is advised that the write up contains the location and the details of when the Video was taken. It is also advised to keep the length of the write up between 100-250 words. Entries which do not have write-ups will be disqualified. It is mandatory to have a story title as well as location of the Video submitted.
4. Entry to the Contest is open to anyone who is:
- a citizen of India.
- a resident of India and
- has attained the age of 18 and above.
5. Notwithstanding Clause III (4), where the Entry in the Contest is prohibited or restricted by law or otherwise in your place of residence, your participation in the Contest shall be completely void and the Organiers shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever.
IV. Announcement of Winners
1. Upon the receipt of the Entries, a judging committee formed by the Organizers ("Committee"), shall in its sole discretion evaluate the Entries and choose a total of 4 (four) winning Entries, 1 (one) from each category (each a, "Winning Entry") totaling to 4 (four) Winning Entry and 1 (one) Grand Prize Winner. Accordingly, one Winner from each Category will be declared by the Committee.
2. The Winners shall be announced before 31st December, 2020.
3. The decision of the Committee will be final and binding and will not be open to any scrutiny or negotiation.
V. Guidelines for submission of an Entry
1. Entries submitted must be received within the Contest Period. No substitution of new version of the Entry will be accepted under any circumstances once the original Entry is submitted for consideration. The MoT's server is the official timekeeping device for this Contest.
2. By submitting your Entry(s), You agree that your Entry(s) may be posted on websites, newsletters, magazines, mailers, calendars and Social Media websites of the Organizers including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, at Organizer's sole discretion. However, the Organizers shall have no obligation to use or post any Entry You submit. By submitting an Entry, You expressly grant the Organizer, an exclusive, perpetual, transferable license to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
3. Entries that are not submitted in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or are not received during the Contest Period will be ineligible and shall not be considered for the Prize.
4. An Entry cannot
- be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or have any particular political agenda or message;
- be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hatred towards other communities, gender or people;
- contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses without permission;
- contain copyrighted content owned by third parties other than the submitter without permission;
- contain content embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other content identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and
- depict anything or itself be in violation of any law.
5. By submitting an Entry, You warrant and represent that it:
Is your original work and is not plagiarized;
Does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
That you have obtained permission from a person(s) who is used in the Entry or whose name, face etc. is used in the Entry, and
That publication of the Entry via social media will not infringe on the rights of any third party. You will indemnify and hold harmless the Organizers and its affiliates from any claims to the contrary.
6. Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of MoT, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, false or deceptive Entries are not eligible.
7. You agree that the Entry made by you is without any compensation to you and will not place Organisers under any obligation. Organisers are free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any compensation to you.
8. The Organisers shall have no liability for any Entry that is lost, intercepted or not received by the Organisers.
1. The Winners agree to provide the Organizers, either jointly or severally, with any details/information that may be requested by the Organizers, to claim the Prize, including but not limited to;
Sharing of the original or raw file of the Winning Entry;
Sharing details of the Winning Entry such as location etc . and/or
The Winning Entry in any other technical specifications and/or format as required by Organisers.
2. All the 4 (four) Winners will receive the following prizes on winning the Contest;
a. Merchandise from NGC (selected at Organizers' sole discretion) or a one year free subscription of National Geographic Traveller India Magazine.
b. The Committee will also choose 1 (one) Grand Prize Winner out of the 4 (four) Winners of the Contest. The Grand Prize will consist of the following;
i. The Winning Entry of the Grand Prize Winner will be featured in the publication of a 2 (Two) pages article in the National Geographic Traveller magazine.
ii. 2 or 3 days accomodation at one of the states in India to the grand prize winner, to be determined and provided by MoT.
3. The Winners must accept their Prize in the form as set out in the Terms. The Prize/Grand Prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable and not exchangeable for cash credit or kind, either in part or in full except at the sole and absolute discretion of MoT. The Prize/Grand Prize cannot be altered, sold or bartered by the Winners.
4. The Prize is subject to:
a. being availed on offer and not before or after the offer is made;
any rules and regulations pertaining to where the Winners are residents of;
the Winners shall be liable for any expenses specified on the description of the offer or Prize, if any;
the Prize shall be given to the Winners subject to and at the convenience of the Organizer; and
Organizers reserve the unqualified right to declare more than one Winner in any Category and Organizers also reserve the right withdraw the contest at its sole discretion at any time.
5. Each Winner shall be solely responsible for any central, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable Prize/Grand Prize.
6. The Organizers make no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any Prize furnished in connection with the Contest.
1. The Winners of the Contest may, at no cost to the Organizers, be required to participate in public relations events tied to any campaign of which the Contest forms a part, to generate press coverage of the Contest and/or that campaign. This may include, but not be limited to, Videos/ images/photos given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, photographic shoots, audio and video releases etc.
2.By participating in the Contest, the Entrants are deemed to have authorized the Organizers or their authorized partners to the use of their Videos/ image/ photo, name and/or likeness, without compensation, by the Organizer and/or any party authorized by the Organizer, as per the terms hereof.
3. Acceptance of the terms of this Clause is vital and forms an important part of MoT's consideration of the Prize Winner.
VIII. Data Policy
Your entry in the Contest requires You to provide certain personal information (which may include, but is not limited to, Your name, email address, telephone number and/or any questions related or otherwise to the Contest) ("Data"). If You do not provide Your Data, Your entry into the Contest will be invalid and You will not be able to participate in the Contest.
1. Retention of Data
a. The Organizers will not retain the Data longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the Data was provided; and
b. The Organizers will take such steps as are reasonably practical to protect the Data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
2. Use of Data
The Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Organizers:
a. may use the Data for purposes of the Contest. This may include displaying the Data on or through the internet or any media medium;
b. may use the Data for such promotional, marketing, publicity, research, profiling, authentication and verification purposes as the Organizers deems fit, including but not limited to the promotion of MoT's business, products and services;
c. may provide the Data to such affiliates and unaffiliated third parties as MoT may reasonably require for the purposes of this Contest (including but not limited to agents, contractors, promoters, service providers, Prize suppliers and as required by applicable law);
d. will not use the Data for any purpose other than those specified above.
In relation to Clauses VIII 2b. and 2c. above, You consent to being sent promotional and/or marketing material and/or offers via email, SMS, direct mail, telephone or otherwise from MoT, its affiliates and unaffiliated third parties.
- To the maximum extent permitted by appliable law, Entrants shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Organizers, including their agents, officers, directors employees, representatives, associates, affiliates and parent company against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liability and/or expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any act, neglect or default or breach by You or any person of any of the Terms and Conditions or Prize.
- Each Entrant by entering the Contest, expressly releases the Organizers from any claim, action or demand arising out of or in connection with the Contest or Prize, if any. In particular, each Entrant acknowledges that elements of the Prize may be provided by third parties over whom the Organizers have no control, and acknowledges that the Organizers have no responsibility or liability for any costs, losses or damages resulting from any factors beyond the reasonable control of the Organizers.
- The Organizers shall not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entrants' information. This will include but is not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of: any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
- If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to the reasons of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, third party contracts or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizers which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Organizers reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
X. Governing Law
1. Any provision of the Terms that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of that prohibition or unenforceability. That does not affect the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction nor invalidate the remaining provisions of the Terms.
2. The laws applicable to the Terms are the laws of India and the courts of New Delhi will have exclusive jurisdiction in case of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Contest.